Why We Must Wear I.D. Badges

Back to Article
Back to Article

Why We Must Wear I.D. Badges

Kaitlynn Yamamoto, Staff Writer

Ever since the traumatic acts that have occurred on school campuses prior to the past year, the Frisco ISD school board has enforced that all “students and staff members must wear an I.D. badge, that is issued by the school, while on school grounds”, according to the Frisco ISD Student handbook.

First, we believe that identification badges are a positive way for students and staff members to be safe. For all we know a complete and total stranger could end up coming into the building and start shooting at the students and staff members. I.D.’s are a way to ensure that people on the campus grounds are safe and also to keep potential threats off campus.

In addition, I.D. badges are a more organized way to get into school dances and sports games because it is proof that you are a student or staff member. Also the badges are issued by the school, so someone could get caught if they have a fake badge.

In conclusion, I.D. badges are important for the students and staff members to have in their possession because it is a safe way to protect the people on the campus. We understand that students do not agree on wearing I.D. badges, but they are a way to identify and protect everyone in the building. We also understand I.D. badges are not the only answer, but they are one more safety measure that has been put into place.