Get to Know FFA With Madison Schmidt

Photo supplied by Madison Schmidt

FFA is a dynamic youth organization that prepares students for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. It’s goal is to help members develop potential and discover their talent through hands-on experiences that are critical for achieving real-world success. Members include aspiring chemists, veterinarians, government officials, entrepreneurs, bankers, international business leaders, teachers and other professionals in many career fields. The official name of the organization is the National FFA Organization. The letters “FFA” stand for Future Farmers of America. Madison Schmidt, a sophomore at Memorial High School who has been an active member of FFA for the past couple years, shares her experience in the organization and provides insights.

Q:Why did you join FFA?

A: I had friends that were already in the organization, and they always had amazing stories or moments from FFA. Also, the passion they had for agriculture just motivated me to branch out and join to see if it was something I would be interested in.

Q: How did your experience in FFA help you grow as a person or grow closer to your future career?

A: When I first joined FFA my freshman year, I was not comfortable in my own skin. However, as I started to participate in various events and competitions for FFA, I began to find things that I was good at and enjoyed, which enabled me to gain more confidence and help me break out of my shell.

Q: Why do you think other students should join the organization as well?

A: FFA is all about confidence, capability, health, and knowledge– it shaped me into the person I am today. It opened many doors for me and made me believe in myself. FFA gives you the tools you need to find your true passion and success.

If you are interested in learning more about FFA, visit their official website at https://www.ffa.org/​ or contact Ms. McAlister.